Tuesday, March 23, 2010

I Never Said I Was a Photographer...

So enjoy these crappy photos of some more assignments! Yes, more "visual development" stuff. (I actually have more to post, but I decided I want to ink them first, I'll actually be reposting these when they're scanned and colored and not crappy).


Sketch of Drey's mom. She's also kind of a "base" for the society he was born into. The village is made up of semi-anthro creatures that move around on all fours, but can stand on their hind legs and use their front paws as hands. It applies to different species in the village, not just wolves, his mom just happens to be one. I'm planning on an upright drawing next.

This is young Drey because I thought it would be cute (and good practice since he's a child in a few panels in chapter 2). I was wrong.
And this is a sketch for Xin! I haven't really mentioned her TOO much to people that I haven't explained the plot to, but she's important in chapter 2. She's a flying fox (HURR, I'M CLEVER) and has many mythological aspects of a phoenix. Her wings aren't really...material. They're kind of more of an elemental thing that she summons and can only be seen by a few (kind of like Dinger for anyone that knows anything about him).

Expect less ugly versions of these later!

No comments: